It’s been a busy first half of the year here at Nextopia, especially for our partner team. They have been on the road networking with Nextopia partners and learning about what’s new and trending in the eCommerce space. Keep reading to find out our key takeaways from Shopify UNITE and BigCommerce Summit!
Shopify UNITE managed to gather 1,700+ partners over 3 days to discuss the latest and greatest in the Shopify ecosystem. During the week, there were great learning opportunities on how we can maximize our footprint within the Shopify world. Additionally, Shopify announced new product releases in the pipeline which are highlighted below:
- Shopify Fulfillment Network – by far the biggest topic of the entire week. Shopify announced their plans to launch an AI powered fulfillment network for their merchants https://news.shopify.com/introducing-shopify-fulfillment-network
- Increasing focus on personalization and its role in eCommerce and across the whole sales channel – with the increasingly competitive eCommerce landscape and the behemoth reach of marketplaces, there was a clear focus that personalizing your onsite (and off-site) experiences was key to success and increasing engagement with your customer base
- Headless Commerce – the hot topic in all of eCommerce right now. Whether you love or hate the phrase it’s clear that it’s here to stay
UNITE was also a great opportunity for us to catch up with some of our other partners, new and old. We got to connect with Shopify, Roswell Studios, Trellis, and Redstage for a Nextopia hosted partner dinner at The Sultan’s Tent. We look forward to seeing all again at next year’s UNITE!
BigCommerce Partner Summit
The BigCommerce partner summit was a two-day event prior to IRCE in Chicago. It brought together various agency and technology partners. CEO Brent Bellm took center stage to announce the BigCommerce roadmap for the year ahead. Some key takeaways from the summit include:
- Headless Commerce – this topic made a return at BigCommerce event. Definitely a hot topic in the eCommerce world
- BigCommerce’s overriding desire to collaborate with, involve, and grow along with their partner network. Utilizing Nextopia’s specializations to offer world-class experiences to their merchants
- There was a focus on personalization and on B2B – two topics that we hold near and dear to our hearts
The event also provided great opportunities to connect with other partners such as Mediaspa, 5874, Matter Design (one of our newest partners), Codal, and Trust Pilot. We met at the Marriott Marquis Skydeck which provided a panoramic view of the Chicago skyline. Hopefully you can join us up there next year!